Well I started a very thoughtful blog post filled with reflections on my U2 concert experience, but as the end of our time in the States so I just don’t have the time or the energy to tie it all together. Our reality is packing and saying goodbye and all of that not so fun stuff. But there have been some highlights, like packing up the Mr. Potato Head we got Graham for Christmas. Its fun to see Graham getting the same toys I loved as a kid. And I forgot that Mr. Potato Head has butt storage for all of his accessories, which was fun to rediscover.
It will be harder to leave this time than ever before, its been so fun to have Graham around our friends and family here. But as it gets closer I’m really looking forward to seeing our friends in Kenya. And it will be wonderful to be back in our to be back in our house, with just our little family and our dog. I’ll be super glad to put our clothes away and not live out of a suitcase.
Today we ran a test run of Benadryl and it didn’t really make Graham take a longer nap than usual. So you can pray that it works more effectively on the flight. We would love not to repeat the trip here.
We fly to London on Friday night. Then we are in London until Monday morning. We were hoping to meet with some people there but that hasn’t worked out so it looks like we’ll just be hanging out for a couple of days. And then we will be home in Nairobi on Monday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment